New or gently used cribs only. To ensure the child’s safety, inspect each crib for the following safety features:
- slats spaced no more than 2 inches apart
- no missing or loose slats
- a properly sized mattress. This mattress is too small if you can fit more than two fingers between the edge of the mattress and the side of the crib. An infant can get his head or body wedged in that space and suffocate
- corner posts are no more than 1/16 inch high. They can be catch points for objects or clothing worn by a child and cause strangulation
- no missing or broken hardware
- no loose hardware (hardware that is intended to be tightened but can’t be)
- no decorative cutouts in the headboard or footboard (cutouts can entrap a child’s head)
- no unsecured mattress support hangers that can be easily dislodged (children can be entrapped and suffocate)
- paint is in tact and not chipping
Infant & Toddler Car Seats
New or gently used, not older than 4 years due to the plastic breaking down in sunlight and then not able to withstand the pressure/force during a car accident. Car seats that have been in an accident need to be destroyed, not donated. To ensure the child’s safety, inspect the label on the side or bottom of each car seat and look for the following:
- the manufacturer’s name
- the model and date making sure the car seat is not older than 5 years.
- we cannot accept car seats that are missing the manufacturer’s name and model and date of manufacturer. This information is necessary in order to verify with the manufacturer that there are no recalls and to ensure the car seat isn’t too old to be used.
New and gently used, clean strollers are currently needed.
- If used, the item must be in perfect working condition and have all “safety” parts (i.e. safety belt in tact, has all wheels, stays open properly, etc.).
- please include instructions
New and gently used infant and toddler clothing. Please, no stains, missing buttons, broken zippers or drawstrings (hood, waist) on the infant clothing as they are a choking hazard
- infant clothing sizes: newborn-5T. (especially 12 months and larger)
- outfits, all seasons
- t-shirts, Onesies
- new pajamas only (used pajamas may not have enough flame retardant to meet safety standards)
Diapers and Wipes are always extra appreciated!
- Currently we have a great need for size 1 and 4 diapers